Products & Services
ProSep designs, commercializes and manufactures technology-based process solutions for the upstream oil and gas industry. The Company developed a wide range of conventional and proprietary solutions that are customized according to each customer's specifications. These systems or offered as units, modules or complete packages and are designed to meet the industry's highest operating and environmental standards. ProSep's process engineers have developed a complete suite of process solutions for the treatment and separation of oil, gas and water for both onshore and offshore facilities. The Company also developed and patented a unique mass transfer technology that allows producers to reduce operating expenditures and improve process efficiencies. In 2011, the Company also introduced a compact alternative to traditional seawater treatment and water injection systems.
ProSep's innovative technologies allow O&G producers to optimize production, achieve significant cost savings and reduce their environmental footprint. ProSep's equipment is designed to achieve optimal process performance, improve the quality of output and reduce the need for expensive chemical consumption in the treatment process. These solutions are compact, lightweight and robust and can efficiently treat large volumes of oil, gas and produced water in challenging operating conditions.
ProMixTM Technology Advantages and Applications
Most of ProSep's proprietary technologies are derived from the Company's patented injection mixer (C-100 and C-100W) and in-line multiphase mixer (M-100) processes developed in Norway. Conventional mixing processes such as valves usually present low efficiency mixing and require the injection of large amounts of water or chemical to achieve the desired separation of the various phases. ProSep's proprietary mixers are meant to optimize such separation process by providing the following benefits:
- Increased mixing efficiency;
- A homogeneous mix;
- Lower pressure drop; and
- Improved efficiency of injected water and chemicals therefore reducing required quantities.
Proprietary Crude Treatment Applications
- Crude desalting: ProSaltTM reduces by 20 to 40% the amount of fresh water required in the crude desalting process;
- Chemical injection: ProMixTM enhances the efficiency of most chemicals used in the separation process and can reduce their consumption by up to 70%;
- Crude blending: ProBlendTM optimizes crude blending to achieve a homogenous product with the desired density.
ProSep also provides a vast range of oil treatment solutions, from primary separation to desalting, using unique internal designs to offer the optimal balance between vessel size and performance.
Conventional Crude Treatment Solutions
- Two-phase and three-phase separators
- Free Water Knockout
- Thermal treaters combining both heating and coalescing capabilities in one efficient process unit
- Mechanical or electrostatic desalters
Proprietary Gas Treatment Applications
- Dehydration:ProDryTM can replace contacting towers in conventional dehydration solutions, reducing footprint by up to 60%
- Scavenging:ProScavTM for the removal of H2S with 30 to 40% less scavenger chemical consumption
ProSep also offers a wide range of natural gas treatment solutions with a focus on bulk CO2 removal with membranes and offshore gas dehydration and fuel gas conditioning. ProSep's equipment is designed with unique internals and gas scrubbing devices.
Conventional Gas Treatment Solutions
- Gas membranes: an environmentally sounder alternative to amine systems, membranes are used typically for bulk removal of CO2, H2S and H2O from natural gas
- Gas dehydration (TEG): compact systems for removal of water vapor from gas using triethylene glycol
- Fuel gas conditioning skids: compact systems to treat natural gas before it can be used as fuel for engines or turbines
- Utility gas treatment: nitrogen generation packages and other systems.
|Produced Water Treatment|
Proprietary Produced Water Treatment Technologies
ProSep developed, patented and commercializes two technologies used for the treatment of produced water, mostly in the tertiary phase of treatment to achieve very low levels of oil in water.
- CTour® removes dispersed oil and dissolved hydrocarbon contaminants down to 5ppm in produced water and was qualified by the OSPAR Commission for the Protection of the Marine Environment on the North East Atlantic as a technology that complies with "zero harmful discharge legislation" in Norwegian waters.
- The TORRTM process has the ability to remove and recover oil droplets larger than 2 microns, does not require use of heat or chemicals, minimizes pressure drops and exceeds stringent overboard discharge regulations.
Conventional Produced Water Treatment Solutions
ProSep offers a complete line of conventional solutions to treat produced waters, from primary treatment down to polishing for overboard discharge or re-injection.
- Hydrocyclones: ideal for offshore installations as they are motion insensitive, have a small footprint and offer good performance with typical removal efficiencies of 85 to 95% of all oil droplets.
- Corrugated plate interceptors (CPI): ideal for onshore installations where inlet pressure is low or oil content is high.
- Skim tanks: a common alternative to CPIs on onshore installations, vertical skimmers can be used offshore.
- Induced gas floatation (IGF) or dissolved gas floatation (DGF): these systems are designed as multi-cell horizontal vessels using gas bubbles to remove oil and solids, they can handle upset conditions and achieve oil in water concentrations of less than 15 mg/l.
- Nutshell and deep bed filters: under the right conditions, these systems can treat produced water down to 3 mg/l.
|Seawater Treatment & Water Injection|
Introduced in 2011, ProSep's seawater injection offering is a highly efficient alternative to traditional system designs. It is a complete and customized solution that includes membrane ultra-filtration, sulphate removal and vacuum deaeration. The system was designed to meet strict weight and size availabilities on the floating production platform.
ProSep is closely involved in all project aspects, starting with process evaluation / integration, followed by detailed process and mechanical engineering & design, through complete fabrication, assembly, testing, commissioning, and post-commissioning operations service.
- Process Evaluation / Integration: by working closely with customers, ProSep can determine process requirements and propose equipment packages or retrofit existing facilities to improve capacity and efficiency.
- Project Execution: ProSep's project execution model aims to exceed expectations and deliver the highest standards of quality on time and within budget.
- Operations: ProSep provides installation, commissioning, testing, training, and start-up operations of equipment on site.
Long term maintenance and optimization service contracts are offered with ProSep's proprietary mixing technologies (ProMixTM, ProSaltTM, ProDryTM, ProScavTM) to ensure performance and benefits are maintained as conditions change during the producing life of the field.